We're very keen and enthusiastic advocates of using technology to to discover and explore local data or access local services. Dale Ridley the OpenDataCommunities technical architect has developed a demonstrator mobile phone app to do just that.
What does it do
In the first major release the phone app will;
- Discovers your nearest local council
- Explore local council services
- Explore council services in other areas
It allows easy navigation of services in a local authority.
The next release will let you explore and discover the local authority data held on OpenDataCommunities.
Where can I get the phone app
The "Open Data" app is currently available as a Windows and an Android version.
Android users can get the app here -
Windows user can the app here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/open-data/9nblggh3shxh#app-details
Collaborate with us
We’re passionate about data and the opportunities it brings. We'd like to hear your user stories, so tell us what you think;
- Is this the roight sort of app? We’re trying to demonstrate the art of the possible
- Have we signposted the services well enough?
- How have you used the app?
Please contact us at ODC@communities.gsi.gov.uk
You can also contact Dale via his profile on LinkedIn